Raid Bosses have arrived in DC Legends!
When a Raid Boss event is active, you may randomly encounter a Raid Boss upon completing Hero Challenges, Campaign Battles, and Upgrade Events. Battle the boss, gain Event Points and other great rewards, and rise up on the event leaderboards!
Details about an active Raid Boss event can be viewed by tapping on the "Raid Boss" icon (formerly "Legendary Events") on the right-hand side of the Watchtower.
There are 2 different types of bosses that you may encounter during a live Raid Boss event:
- Raid Boss
- Alliance Boss
Raid Bosses are spawned by and can be shared among DC Legends players.
Alliance Bosses are spawned by Alliances. Once spawned, these bosses become available to all members of that Alliance who are active in the current event.
All boss battles are timed! The boss' health does not reset between fights, so utilize your team's composition to do as much damage as possible to the boss during your battle. This will make fighting that boss much easier the next time you face them!
During an active Raid Boss event, special types of energy are used to battle bosses depending on the type of boss.
Raid Bosses require Raid Energy to battle, while Alliance Bosses require Alliance Energy. Both energy types refill over time, and each energy type caps at 6. If you run out of energy, then you can purchase more from the in-game store using Essence Gems!
By default, boss battles cost 1 Raid Energy or 1 Alliance Energy, depending on the type of boss you are fighting. If you want to increase your heroes stats in battle, then you can spend more energy prior to starting your fight! For instance, if you wish to gain a 5x boost to HP and damage dealt for your team when battling a Raid Boss, then you can spend 3 Raid Energy.
Upon the conclusion of a Raid Boss event, your rewards will be delivered to you via inbox message. Your rewards are determined based on your final rank placement on the event's leaderboard at the conclusion of that event. Note that there are multiple leaderboards during Raid events, including individual leaderboards and Alliance leaderboards.
Other rewards include:
- Event Points - These are awarded for fighting and defeating a Raid Boss. The more Event Points you have, the higher you will place on the event's leaderboard!
- Alliance Points - These are awarded for fighting and defeating an Alliance Boss. Work with your Alliance members to earn more of these points on the Alliance leaderboard!
- Energy - This is required for battling bosses during the Raid Boss event. Defeating a Raid Boss will award Alliance Energy, while defeating a Legendary Boss will award Raid Energy.
Raid Bosses require Raid Boss Energy to battle. Once spawned, these bosses can be shared among other DC Legends players. The strength of the spawned Raid Boss is determined by the number of Event Points you have during the active event; the more Event Points you have, the stronger and more challenging Raid Bosses will be!
Towards the end of a Raid Boss event, Legendary Bosses become available. These bosses provide the best rewards and the greatest challenge, so make sure you use your strongest heroes for this fight!
Alliance Bosses require Alliance Energy to battle. Once spawned by an Alliance, an Alliance Boss can be engaged among all active members of that group. Once defeated, a new Alliance Boss will be spawned!
Throughout the event, stronger Alliance Bosses will become available to fight. Utilize your strongest heroes, and take advantage of available stat boosts!
Note that if a member leaves their Alliance during the event, then they will no longer be able to fight the boss spawned by that Alliance. Additionally they will not receive any rewards once that boss is defeated.
- Victory - This is the best outcome! Defeat a Raid Boss or Alliance Boss and win rewards!
- Time’s Up - This will occur if you run out of time while battling a Raid Boss or Alliance Boss.
- Defeat - Your team will suffer defeat if all heroes are knocked out at the hands of the Raid Boss or Alliance Boss.
Roles and Rewards
- Attacker - Awarded to all players who attacked the Raid Boss or Alliance Boss, upon the defeat of that boss.
- Scout - Awarded to 1 player, being the player who spawned the Raid Boss.
- MVP - Awarded to 1 player, being the player who dealt the most damage to the Raid Boss or Alliance Boss.
- Finisher - Only available for Legendary Boss battles. This is awarded to the Alliance that got the most members to attack a Legendary Boss.
- Alliance Reward - Awarded to all members of the Alliance who helped defeat a Legendary Boss.