If you received a warning about modified configuration files when starting the game, this means the game has determined that one or more of your configuration files has been manually adjusted. This can have a negative effect on your game performance, especially if the changes you made were for previous versions of the game and not with the most recent game patches in mind.
To revert these changes, please do the following:
- Close the game if open
- Navigate to your Steam game install directory (by default this should be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common “) in Windows Explorer
- Open the Batman Arkham Knight folder
- Open the BMGames folder
- Right-click the Config folder and select Delete
- In Steam, open your Game Library, right-click Arkham Knight, and select Properties
- Select the Local Files tab and click on the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" button
- Relaunch the game
If you made these changes intentionally and would like to disable this warning, you can do so by opening the Config folder from Step 5 above and opening the PCEngine.ini file with a program such as Wordpad. If you change the “bDisableIniModifyWarning=” value in PCEngine.ini to True, you will stop seeing the warning when you start the game. The message appears once per boot if bDisableIniModifyWarning is False or missing, and only if the game detects modified game files.