If you have lost your game save (for example by switching to a different PS4 console) you can download your cloud save to your new system. Uploading or Downloading Playstation Cloud saves requires a PlayStation Plus subscription, and can be enabled by the instructions in the article here.
To download a Cloud save on PS4, go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in Online Storage.
From here, select Download to System Storage, locate Batman: Arkham Knight, and select the save you want to download to your system.
Cloud saves on Xbox One should automatically download to your system when you sign into your Xbox Live profile on a console. You can review the article here for instructions on how to manage your Xbox One Cloud saves.
Your game saves for Batman: Arkham Knight should be automatically saved to and downloaded from the Steam Cloud.
If this automatic process does not work for you, or you are trying to recover a game save from your PC, backup saves for Batman: Arkham Knight are also saved locally on PC, and can be retrieved by doing the following:
- Open your Documents folder in Windows, either by clicking the “Libraries” button on your windows taskbar and selecting “Documents”, or via “Documents” in your start menu.
- From Documents, open your Batman Arkham Knight folder and look for a folder with a string of numbers in it. This is the Arkham Knight folder for your Steam account
- From that folder, open “SaveData” and finally “backup”. Minimize this Window as you will need to come back to it later.
This folder houses your local backups of Batman: Arkham Knight saves. After locating your save, you’ll need to copy it over to Steam. To do this:
- Start the game directly from your Steam Library and stay at the very first Start menu of the game, without progressing any further to save selection
- Next, you’ll need to open your Steam directory in Windows. By default this will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\
- Each Steam account on your system will be listed as a number here. Locate your profile and open the folder for it.
- Open the 208650 folder for Arkham Knight
- Each game save will be listed here by its slot in your save list. For example, BAK1Save0x0.sgd & BAK1Save0x1.sgd would be the first slot. BAK1Save1x0.sgd & BAK1Save1x1.sgd would be the second save slot, etc.Locate the save slot file you want to manually restore your save to.
You now have both the Backup and Steam folder open, and it’s time to manually move your backup save over.
- In the backup folder, copy (CTRL+C) the backup files that have the same naming format (BAK1Save0x0 & BAK1Save0x1 if you were trying to overwrite the save for the first slot), and are the most recently updated files, to the Steam folder mentioned in Step #5 above.
- In the Steam folder, delete or rename the existing save slot files that you are replacing
- Paste (CTRL+V) your backup saves into your Steam folder
- Right-click each of your backup saves that are now in your Steam folder and select “Rename”. Remove the time-stamp from the names of these files.
- Close the Batman: Arkham Knight game
- Launch the game again via your Steam Game Library, and when you select the save slot of your backup save, it should now load your game save
- Batman: Arkham Knight - How do I redeem my Digital Game code?
- How do I return to an earlier save or checkpoint in Batman: Arkham Knight?
- I lost my Batman: Arkham Knight save. How do I recover it?
For more information on Batman: Arkham Knight, please visit BatmanArkhamKnight or join the community conversation on Twitter (@BatmanArkham), Youtube (Batman Arkham), Instagram (@BatmanArkham) and Facebook (BatmanArkham).
Still have a question? You can submit your question here. You can also update and track your ticket as well.